If you play the violin, viola, cello, or double bass, you can win a spot in DUEN – The Danish National Youth Ensemble. Please use the sign-up form HERE to formally apply for the audition after you thoroughly read the below information.
- April 13th at The Danish National Academy of Music in Odense
- April 14th at The Royal Academy of Music in Aarhus
- April 15th at The Royal Danish Academy of Music in Copenhagen
We strive to make DUEN auditions a positive and constructive experience for all candidates. Therefore, the jury will take their time to sit down with each individual candidate and give him/her constructive criticism and good advice for the future.
To apply for the DUEN auditions, you must be:
- at least 17 and no more than 26 years of age on January 1st, 2018
- a Danish citizen or enrolled at a Danish educational institution
Winning a spot in DUEN guarantees a two-year membership. After two years, you are required to apply again.
DUEN consists of approx. 25 musicians, so there might not be enough vacant spots for all candidates. We have a list of qualified substitutes that we refer to in case we are in need of musicians for a project, so participation in DUEN projects is a possibility even though you might not be awarded a membership.
April 13th at The Danish National Academy of Music in Odense
April 14th at The Royal Academy of Music in Aarhus
April 15th at The Royal Danish Academy of Music in Copenhagen
We are more than happy to find alternate solutions for candidates who might not be able to show up on the above-mentioned dates.
- A short solo piece (or excerpt thereof) lasting approx. 5 minutes
- A handful of short excerpts from DUEN’s repertoire. These will be sent by mail after the application deadline.
There will not be an accompanist, but you are welcome to bring your own. This is however not a requirement.
The auditions will last approx. 15 minutes including feedback.
Morten Ryelund, violinst and artistic director/conductor of DUEN
Professional string player (TBA)
A sitting member of DUEN
You will be informed of the outcome of the audition within a week of the final audition day.
If you have any questions, please contact orchestra manager Daniel Tølbøll Mortensen by email at email@example.com or by phone on +45 2374 7329.